SECU General Manager
Job Title : GENERAL MANAGER
Reports To : President
Location : Couva
The General Manager is accountable for the day to day operations of the Credit Union. He/she ensures that departments are meeting their goals and objectives, complying with policies and procedures, and are providing effective and efficient service to the Credit Union.
The General Manager in collaboration with the Board of Directors is responsible for the development of business plans, strategies, and operational decisions in support of the goals and objectives of the Credit Union. The incumbent is expected to prioritize and allocate available resources, review and evaluate the plan and program, and make recommendations for improvement. He /she will report to the President of the Credit Union.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Achieves pre-determined performance and profitability targets through the effective management of assigned human, material, and financial resources.
- Shapes, a corporate environment that fosters the achievement of performance and profitability targets through appropriate leadership, initiatives, and actions.
- Mitigates competitive risks through pre-emptive actions designed to secure the sustainability and continued profitability of the Credit Union.
- Supports the Board in the preparation and development of plans and programs
- Leads a team of employees located at four (4) offices in different locations in Trinidad and Tobago
- Plans, directs, and guides the operational performance of the Credit Union in a cost-effective and stake-holder sensitive manner.
- Appraises the general economic environment anticipating changes in the economy as they may affect the Credit Union operations; develops and recommends improvements to enable the Credit Union to maintain the competitive edge in the market.
- Ensures that the corporate positioning of the Credit Union is in the minds, hearts, and eyes of the internal and external publics in a manner as to fully leverage the Credit Union's business capabilities, products, and services.
- Strengthens the credit union's technology platform and leads its digitization strategy.
- Handles special projects as assigned from time to time by the President.
- Performs other assigned responsibilities and key result areas as required
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- An MBA specializing in Business or Finance
- A minimum of 10 years in the financial services sector with at least five (5) years in a Managerial Position.
- Knowledge and Experience in Credit Union Operations will be an asset
- Any equivalent combination of qualification and experience will be considered
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong analytical and management skills with a demonstrated ability to plan, organize, lead, and provide feedback to staff
- Excellent communication skills must be capable of presenting ideas in a clear and compelling manner
- Excellent leadership, coaching, and counselling skills
- Strong strategic thinking skills
- A proactive approach to problem-solving
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and other Financial Management Software
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment
- Ability to implement a Talent Management Strategy
- Ability to develop the Change Management Process
- Must be a team player