Sales and Marketing Officer
Port of Spain,
Trinidad and Tobago
Sales and Marketing Officer
The Sales and Marketing Officer will be primarily responsible for creating and executing the sales, marketing and advertising strategies through direct sales and traditional and social media platforms to achieve brand awareness and maximum participation in The Energy Chamber’s publications, events, training courses and activities. This position mainly services the Certifications and the Advocacy and Member Engagement departments.
1) Contacts and follows up with potential customers or attendees via phone, email and other media to directly sell sponsorship packages, advertising space, training courses and seats in paid events.
2) In conjunction with the relevant department head, creates, conceptualises, designs and executes approved annual marketing campaigns to increase awareness of The Energy Chamber’s products and services, through the use of available media, ensuring monthly revenue targets are achieved or exceeded, as well as achieving a high level brand visibility and customer loyalty.
3) Closely monitors all social media, ensuring its efficient use for brand awareness and provide feedback on mentions of The Energy Chamber observed through these media.
4) Builds and maintains a win-win relationship with customers.
5) Establishes networks in Trinidad and Tobago, Guyana and Suriname as well as others in the region where relevant, to promote The Energy Chamber’s products and services.
6) Conducts daily media scans (local and regional media) for identification and the pursuit of potential opportunities for ad sales in EnergyNow, the Chamber’s bi-monthly publication.
7) Develops new approaches for attracting clients and members, and assists with the development of strategies for customer retention and increase in market share.
8) Creates, administers and analyses all market research/customer surveys and other forms of feedback material with the aim of improving achievement of sales targets and customer satisfaction.
9) Assists department heads with translating client needs and requirements, as identified by supervisors, into specific work plans that directly align with The Energy Chamber’s objectives.
10) Liaises with advertising agency, where needed, to develop and/or refresh advertising campaigns across all media.
11) Represents the interests of The Energy Chamber in a positive way at all times.
12) Monitors market trends and reports on competitor activity.
13) Writes and designs all simple marketing literature (brochures, ads) and provides input into other publications where needed.
14) Liaises with suppliers to obtain quotes for all marketing materials and collateral.
15) Monitors stock of related marketing material including brochures, branding items etc and make request for reorder when necessary.
16) Updates the database with relevant contacts made and use/streamline the contacts in the database for targeted marketing of courses, events and activities.
17) Prepares a quarterly report on the effectiveness of the marketing strategies and makes recommendations for its improvement where needed.
18) Prepares a monthly report for Board meetings on the activities and outcomes of sales and marketing strategies.
19) Maintains relevant filing whether electronically or hard copy, ensuring easy retrieval of information when needed.
Working and reporting relationships
Direct line manager of:
Other working relationships
· Bachelor/Associate Degree/Diploma in Marketing, Communications, Advertising or Public Relations or in a related field
· Diploma in Graphic Design is an asset.
· Knowledge of the local and regional energy sector is an asset.
· Certificate in Event Management will be a distinct advantage.
Experience and knowledge: