Manager, Mortgage Origination
Port of Spain,
Trinidad and Tobago
One of our clients is seeking to fill the above position.
Interested persons are invited to apply for the position of Manager, Mortgage Origination within the Mortgage Services Department.
To coordinate and manage all residential mortgage origination activities including goal setting, sales, and ensuring that all performance standards and targets are met.
Major Duties &Responsibilities: Operational:
• Plans and organises the operations of the Unit in providing mortgage lending services by overseeing the end-to-end workflow process from assessment through loan approval and closing
• Monitors adherence to policies and procedures Monitors achievement of budgeted targets People:
• Supervises staff of a Unit inclusive of but not limited to: provides coaching and guidance to achieve targets; resolves issues that may arise by conducting meetings with staff, conducts performance appraisals by reviewing and approving appraisals completed for assigned staff;
• Establishes and maintains relationships with stakeholders Reporting:
• Prepares and oversees preparation of reports and records.
• Assists with policy development and implementation; Supports the Business development efforts of the company
• Other duties and responsibilities which are incidental or consequential to the above and which may be assigned by the Head of Department or representative from time to time.
Job Knowledge and Skills:
● Extensive/expert knowledge of sales, marketing & customer service processes including business solicitation and development
● Specialist knowledge of mortgage business products and the competitive framework of the industry
● Specialist knowledge of the Acts, laws, regulations, and policies that apply to mortgage loan services
● Applied/working knowledge of and experience in the use of any loan management software ● Extensive/expert skills in credit risk analysis
● Extensive/expert skills in people, customer service skills, people management, and supervising personnel
● Extensive/expert resourceful, dynamic, results-oriented
● Extensive/expert skills in listening and communicating effectively with others
● Specialist skills in effectively establishing and maintaining interpersonal working relationships with other stakeholders
● Specialist skills in oral and written communication using a broad range of media
● Specialist motivational and problem-solving skills
● Substantial/in-depth skills in the use of computer software such as Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., MS Word, MS Excel)
● Applied/working knowledge of a technology-based business solution used in a financial institution ● Applied/working effective writing and oral skills.
● A Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Social Sciences, Business Administration, or any related discipline
● Certification in Credit Management/Credit Analysis
● Training in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) would be an asset
Or any equivalent combination of experience and training.
● A minimum of five-six (5-6) years’ experience in a Mortgage/Loan Origination environment, of which, at least 3 years’ should be at a managerial level
● Or through demonstrated proficiency in Mortgage/Loan Origination or in a financial institution environment
Port of Spain