Port of Spain,
Trinidad and Tobago
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Manager Finance is responsible for ensuring the provision of all financial requirements and services of the company and its customers. The position’s primary responsibility is to monitor and report on the investment and financial performance of the exporTT Limited and ensure all internal controls are in place to maintain the financial integrity of the company. The incumbent will also ensure that the Finance Department supports the mandate of exporTT.
Primary Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains a financial management framework to ensure that the company operates within an efficient and effective financial system, and in accordance with the company’s financial policies and procedures, standard accounting practices and statutory requirements.
- Develops and maintains a risk management framework consistent with the risk profile of the company as outlined by the Board of Directors.
- Assess and make recommendations to optimize the financial resource allocation of the company.
- Oversee the budgeting process ensuring compliance with budget and management reporting requirements
- Coordinate the preparation of financial statements, financial reports, special analyses, and management reports; presents recommendations for programmatic and fiscal changes.
- Coordinate and monitor performance of the company’s investment portfolio.
- Manage the external audit process and facilitates all financial requirements of the internal audit.
- Manage the procurement function and ensure that it meets the requirement of the statutory regulations.
· Complete work plans for each employee within the Unit at the beginning of each review period in a timely manner.
- Monitor the performance of direct reports through periodical employee performance appraisals to ensure performance standards are met through the achievement of deliverables as identified in work plan.
Lead development of annual budgets and plans for unit.
Report on unit’s metrics and dashboards, with overall responsibility for ensuring targets are met.
· Ensure a positive & productive experience with internal and external customers.
· Any related functions and responsibilities consistent with this role and any other company functions and responsibilities that are deemed within your capability in your role as a Manager.
Qualifications & Experience:
· Professional Certification Association of Chartered Certificated Accountants or equivalent.
· MBA will be an asset.
- Five (5) years of experience managing teams and project groups.
Required for the Role:
· Excellent oral and written communications skills.
· Public Sector experience is favourable.
- Full grasp of modern financial management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Pro-active and results-oriented managerial disposition.
- Demonstrated ability to lead effectively under time constraints and meet deadlines.
· A proven track record of integrity, adherence to good corporate governance principles and best practices.
- Networking and relationship-building capabilities with external stakeholders.
- A growth and development mindset for self and staff.
- Any equivalent combination of knowledge, skills and experience.
Required Managerial Competencies:
· Customer-driven (internal and external)
· A Forward thinker
· An Organiser & Task Manager
· Serious about self-development & development of others
· Resourceful in gathering diagnostic information
· An analytical thinker
· A proficient communicator
· Proactive and shows initiative
· A team leader and company team player
· A self-manager
· Trusted to follow-through
· Personal credibility & integrity
Medical & Life Insurance
Urgent Personal Business Leave