Internal Audit Associate
Port of Spain,
Trinidad and Tobago
Children's Authority of Trinidad and Tobago (The Authority)
Internal Audit Associate –
Short Term Placement
Conduct audit reviews to ensure all Departments are performing
designated accounting, operational, custodial or control activities in
compliance with Management instructions, statements of policies and
procedures and statutory and regulatory requirements.
Assist in planning the scope of audits as per the annual audit plan
Perform audit steps in a professional manner and as outlined in designed
audit programmes which require:
• Examination of Authorities records to verify authenticity and accuracy
• Communication with business units/line managers to obtain
explanations and data to form objective opinions about the
adequacy of the system of internal controls
• Review of systems and procedures to determine compliance
• Preparation of working papers to document the findings including
but not limited to the preparation of process system notes using
narrative techniques, audit tests, etc.
• Identification and documentation of internal control weaknesses,
risk exposures or other unsatisfactory conditions.
• Preparation of draft audit reports for review by Senior Internal Auditor
Execute follow up procedures to confirm the implementation of
management responses to previous audit observations
Review and submit audit files for own job assignments for final review
Perform or assist in performing special investigations
Perform other related duties as assigned by the Senior Internal Auditor
Qualifications and Requirements
• 5 G.C.E./C.X.C. O ‘ Level subjects inclusive of Maths and English.
• 2 G.C.E. A’ Level subjects inclusive of Accounting
• Pursuing at least Level 2 or 3 ACCA or any equivalent professional
• 2-3 years of experience in an Auditing environment
• Any relevant combination of qualifications, experience, and skills.