Port of Spain,
Trinidad and Tobago
Job Title : FINANCE MANAGER
Reports To : General Manager
Location : Couva
A large credit union is in search of a Finance Manager. He/She is accountable for the financial strategy and direction of the Credit Union and will ensure that the credit union meets its financial goals and obligations and to comply with all regulations.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides leadership in the development of short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
- Performs risk management by analysing the Credit Union’s liabilities and Investments.
- Provides executive management with advice on the financial implications of new products and services.
- Prepares and analyses all monthly financial statements
- Co-ordinates the timely completion of the year-end financial audit
- Manages the processes of financial forecasting and budgets
- Supervises Finance Department personnel
- Plans, organises, and controls cash borrowings so as to maintain a healthy cash flow, optimise interest and minimise the cost of funds
- Manages costs related to new projects and product development
- Provides recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities
- Ensures that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliances with IFRS and applicable Group and Local Regulatory laws and rules for financial reporting
- Supervises, develops, and motivates the human resources of the Finance Department by training, coaching, organising, monitoring, and appraising employees in accordance with the company’s policies.
- Performs all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards
- Performs any other duties as required by the job function
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- BSc in Accounting or Finance, ACCA or CMA
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business will be considered an asset
- Ten (10) years of progressive experience in managing all aspects of the finance and accounting responsibilities preferably within a financial institution
- Al least five (5) years of Supervisory experience
- Or any equivalent combination of qualifications and experience
Application Deadline Date: 18th December 2020We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only suitable applicants will be contacted.