Port of Spain,
Trinidad and Tobago
Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago
The incumbent is responsible for assisting with general accounting activities for Bryden pi and its affiliated companies.
Major Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Generate debit notes with proper supporting documentation to suppliers where necessary in a timely manner and distribute to Suppliers within 48hrs of Debit Notes being signed off.
- Generate reports for trade deals & update VAI based on Division instructions.
- Reconcile and analyze supplier’s claim statement against GL and resolve any discrepancies immediately
- Follow up with suppliers for receivables collection and apply their payment accordingly
- Process and submit VAT returns
- Process all credit card statements
- Update and post standing journals
- Maintain accurate and timely recording of the fixed asset register with periodic physical audits.
- Process or approve contract drivers’ payments.
- Reconcile cashiers to ensure that all funds received are deposited daily and the relevant batches are prepared to support same.
- Reconcile Delivery Records Listing after checking Cashiers and emailing outstanding information to relevant personnel.
- Ensure that accounting close off & reconciliations are completed based on strict deadline.
- Perform other duties that may be required to enhance the operations of the Company
Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum of CAT Level 2 or equivalent qualification
- A minimum of one (1) year similar experience
- Experience in a fast paced accounting environment will be an asset.
- Or relevant combination of training and experience
- Excellent attention to detail and deadlines
- Good time management skills and multitasking ability
- Good communication skills
- Must be flexible, honest and reliable